- Replace all of the contributor’s code in one large commit
- Use none of the original code in the new revision
- Include thousands of lines of code churn in addition to the multi-thousand line rewrite in the commit
- Use a commit message like “more changes”
- Do all of the above with no advance notice whatsoever
Seriously. Who does this? Why? Do some people simply have no concept of proper project management and good development practices? I’ve just lost all of my willpower to keep trying to improve the project because apparently I’ve been maintaining a component that was being replaced without my knowledge! Guh. So frustrating.
Posted on January 28th, 2010 by Josh Matthews
Filed under: rants